Conditions of Let for properties at Duncrub Holidays
When you confirm your booking by the payment of a deposit you are entering into a contract between you the visitor and Duncrub Holidays. Please read the following conditions of let carefully and ask for an explanation of any point that may be unclear to you.
- The letting period runs from 16.00 hrs on the day of arrival until 10.00 hrs on the day of departure.
- A firm booking will be made on receipt of a completed booking form and deposit to the value of 25% of the total rental due. The visitor is then liable for payment of the balance of the total sum due. The remainder of balance due should be sent to Duncrub Holidays four weeks prior to arrival.
- In the event of a cancellation the deposit will be refunded only if Duncrub Holidays subsequently re-lets the cancelled period. The sum of £20 will be retained from the refunded deposit to cover administrative costs. The visitor is responsible for arrangements of appropriate holiday cancellation insurance and, for the avoidance of any doubt, the owner provides no such insurance as part of the contract.
- Only those persons listed on the booking form may occupy the booked accommodation. Sub-letting or assignation of the Let is strictly prohibited.
- The person who signs the booking form will be responsible for ensuring that the conditions of let are adhered to, for any loss or damage to the accommodation and the contents, given fair wear and tear, however caused during the rental period.
- The accommodation rented should be kept clean and in good condition and any breakage’s reported immediately. If excessive cleaning, at the discretion of Duncrub Holidays, is required a cleaning charge of £25 will be levied.
- Personal property of visitors occupying accommodation is not the responsibility of Duncrub Holidays. Vehicles and personal property are left at your own risk.
- Visitors may bring dogs by arrangement (but note that we do consider Tower House unsuitable for pets) for a charge of £15 each. Pets should bring their own bedding, must be house-trained, confined to public rooms, not allowed on furniture and never left unattended in properties. Out of doors, pets should be kept under control and fouling in gardens cleared.
- If for any reason the accommodation is not available to you on the dates booked due to events beyond our reasonable control, Duncrub Holidays will take reasonable steps to find alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available, then all sums paid by the visitor will be refunded. Duncrub Holidays will have no further liability to the visitor or any other party.
- We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property – in any such case all moneys shall be refunded and the Contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the Contract at any time or remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In such a case any refund would be entirely at the discretion of Duncrub Holidays.
- The properties let by Duncrub Holidays are to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing(Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.